Chinotimba Township Tour
Discover life around Victoria Falls during this visit to the Chinotimba township, home to roughly 20,000 people. Learn about the Nambya and Tonga people who are indigenous to the area as you explore old homes, taverns, churches, and local markets. This tour is ideal for those who want to learn more about Zimbabwean culture and the history of Victoria Falls.
v Hotel pick-up and drop off
v Air-conditioned vehicle
v Bottled water
x Gratuities and items for personal use
Departure & Return
We pick up from Hotels, Lodges, Campsites, Guest Houses in and around Victoria Falls.
Departure Time will be set up on arrangements.
What To Expect:
The word Chinotimba describes the roar of the water from the mighty Victoria Falls in the local Nambya language. The Nambya and the Tonga people are the original people of the Victoria Falls area. The majority of people in Victoria Falls live in the Chinotimba township, which has a population of approximately 60 000 people. During the Township Tour, guests will have an opportunity to observe township-life – from the oldest houses to the taverns, the local market and churches. During a visit to the Chinotimba Primary School clients are introduced to the school headmaster – he or someone assigned will take the guests on a tour of the school after which the children may sing a song (Please note that school visits are subject to the schools being open).
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Please note that school visits are subject to the schools being open.
- Activity is Weather Permitting.
- Clients are advised to bring the following with:
- Comfortable attire that provides sun protection.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Clients are advised to wear the following: Comfortable attire that provides sun protection Hiking/running shoes Warm clothing in winter (April to August).
- Near public transportation.
- Most travellers can participate.
- No Health restrictions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.This experience requires a minimum number of 4 travellers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Prices from 34 USD / pp